Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tiff's Goals for 2009

Hey y'all,

So Heidi is my hero if you didn't know. I'm always amazed at her desire to improve herself and the way she goes about it. Thanks for setting up this shindig!


Anyways, I'm super excited about this blog. But I need all of your help to keep me accountable and active on the blog. As you all know, I'm not the best at updating my blog or sending out slide shows like the rest of y'all. But hey, that's what goals are for eh...


I'm sure my goals will evolve throughout the year but here I go. I'm not quite as ambitious as Heidi but who's comparing... :-( Just kidding.


"I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life." - Elder M. Russell Ballard

A’s:
Pray daily
Hour of Power daily: 20 minutes each devoted to exercise, reading inspiring material, and meditation/ visualization
Limit myself to ONE bowl of cereal each morning (even if they’re Lucky Charms)
Exercise 3x week
Reading the news 2x week
Review goals/ plan weekly (preferably on Sunday)
DO NOT sleep more than 9 hours
Track spending!

B’s:
Write in journal once a week
Outline for ASU online courses by 2.28.09
Keep home clean and ready for visitors
Do not fall behind on Pathways calls at work
Plan 3 meals weekly
Limit sugar intake to less than 45 grams per day
Be loyal to those who are not present

3 comments:

  1. Tiff - LOVED the quote! Thanks so much to contributing! YOU are so inspiring. Truly. And I can't take the credit for the A,B,C thing. That's all mom.
    Anyway, those are great goals & we're all here to help, encourage & cheerlead!
    My "love note from God" is an idea from Pres. Eryings talk about how every night (he NEVER missed a night after he started) he think about his day and write at least one time where he saw the hand of God in his or his family's life. It gave him gratitude, perspective, and helped him to feel closer to his maker, so that's why I want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiff,
    Great goals. We have some in common like the News and track spending. I have really appreciated your grateful-journal idea. I do it almost every day now. Thanks.
    Great quote at the beginning!
    It will be awesome to hear your "return and report" comments!
    Love,
    mom/sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sorry I used the same quote. I found it on my own I swear! Haha. Darrin pointed that out-that our quote is the same. oops. Anyways, love your goals!

    ReplyDelete