Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Resolutions...

Spirit...
1. Read and really ponder the scriptures for 15 minutes a day.
2. Pray always.
3. Ponder on a scripture a day.

Body...
1. Exercise for 30 minutes four times a week.
2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
3. Loose 18 pounds by Independence Day to end with a weight of 110 pounds (which is a healthy weight for a 4' 11 1/2 " dwarf).
4. Eat six fruit and vegatable servings a day.
5. Eat one salad a day.

Mind...
1. Write in my journal for 15 minutes every other day.
2. Do something silly every day.
3. Live and let live.

My role as a housekeeper...
1.. If I get it out I put it away, no matter what.
2. Remind the kids to put their stuff away, no matter what.
3. Clean for 15 minutes after each meal.
4. Keep the laundry up for 15 minutes a day.

My role as the family accountant...
1. Stick to a budget of $700 to $900 a month (I'm not quite sure what is possible yet, this might change throught the year).
2. Don't eat out more than 3 times a month.
3. Make a buying list and stick to it, only buy two extra things not on the list.

My role as a mommy...
1. Show love to my kids with a ten second hug every day.
2. Look at my kids in the eyes when they talk to me as much as possible.
3. Give consequences, don't yell...let the consequences speak for me.

AND ABOVE ALL...
Remember that changing is only possible with Christ's help and it is a process, a journey with bumps and bruises, ups and downs and that's okay. Never, never, never give up!

3 comments:

  1. these are great Cindy! You do have so many roles and I know it's a burden to handle them all but you really do a great job and we're all here to support you!
    Love you!
    P.S. Great quote, too - love that you guys are posting inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seeing what all of you want to do is inspirational. You all amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cindy-- that's quite ambitious. Great goals though. I love the silly part. Maybe we can exercise and do something silly when you come by more!
    Remember the PROGRESS not perfection part

    I LOVE YOU CINDY!
    I BELIVE IN YOU AND THE POWER OF CHRIST WITHIN YOU!!!
    mom/sis

    ReplyDelete