Sunday, January 25, 2009

Heidi's week #4 progress

Last week of the month ladies! Let's keep the momentum moving!
You guys are all doing great and I just want to say thanks again for participating. This "check-in" every week is really making a difference for me. I find myself doing things during the week just thinking about "check-in" time.
Overall, this week went pretty good. Our routines were better and more consistent and I felt pretty good about it for the most part.

While we're sharing quotes, here's one that I really like. It really goes with the progress not perfection thing...

Carl Schurz:
Our ideals resemble the stars, which illuminate the night. No one will ever be able to touch them. But the men who, like the sailors on the ocean, take them for guides, will undoubtedly reach their goal.

HIGHLIGHTS:

  • Still thankful that I've been able to refrain from attacking my face
  • We went to the temple yesterday!
  • We got pictures of the temple, first presidency, and Jesus in the girls rooms!
  • We are pretty much set on our 72 hour kits
  • Almost 100% on praying, scriptures, and morning inspriation with the family
  • On time to church!
  • 4 out of 4 for FHE
  • 3 date nights this month
  • Meal planning
  • Camcorder transferring

LOWLIGHTS:

  • Computer time
  • Bed on time
  • Sarcasm
  • Keeping up w/ FLY lady
  • Appreciating my loved ones


    TOP 5 GOALS FOR 2009:
    1. To be able to see myself and others as Jesus sees us.
    I've been better about praying for help with this and it went Ok this week. I still have a long way to go especially before I can look at every person I meet and really not notice their outward trappings, but only their heart, but I feel progress.
    2. To serve others more often and more cheerfully.
    Mmm - OK. I constantly need to remind myself not to "weary in well doing" because some days I get so weary with the needs of just my little family that it's hard to see the bigger picture.
    3. STOP attacking my face, arms, and legs by popping zits.
    I feel extremely blessed that I have been able to refrain from a full-force attack this week. I was truly tempted, and I did pop a few at "mirror-length" and I REALLY do need to do better with the prevention part - washing my face, exfoliating, etc, but I do feel like it's a miracle that I've gone this long without breaking down and attacking my face.
    4. Media: Avoid media with swearing, sex, or violence. Use my precious time to SEEK OUT wholesome music, inspirational books, TV, and movies.
    I finished another inspirational book - Recovering Charles. I can't say it was a real testimony builder, but it focused on the importance of family relationships and it was inspirational. Also, we rented a movie last night but when we went to watch it, I really didn't feel like it fit the "inspirational" category at all, so we watched a different movie instead. I'm glad we did.
    5. To pray and read my scriptures every day.
    I was about 6 for 7 this week, although I really need to not just read, but STUDY and APPLY what I learn in the scriptures and about my Savior. There were some things I read this week that directly applied to questions and struggles I'm facing now & I'm thankful for that.

    "B" GOALS (important, but not top 5):
    1. Prayerfully attend the temple no less than 10 times.
    Hooray! We went! We almost didn't go, but we did and I am thankful we got to have that spiritually uplifting and strenghtening time.
    2. Stay out of debt and Pay tithing and generous fast offering every month.
    I am more determined than ever to stay out of debt after reading the Duggar book. I pray that we can have help with this.
    3. Write in my journal once a week (doesn't include blogging)
    I did write this week. It wasn't long, but I wrote and I was thankful I did.
    4. 1 anniversary vacation, 3 family vacations (includes camping), 1 "lovers get-away", and 1 "girls only" getaway!
    2 and a half weeks away to Phoenix. Can't wait!
    5.When fasting, start the night before (5pm Sat-5pm Sun)
    I KNOW my fasting has helped me do better with my goals this month. Truly, it has strengthened me.
    6.Write at least one "love note" from God every night.
    I did A LOT better this week. I think I got 100%! Even though last night, I grabbed the notebook and scribbled out one thing in the dark - hey it counts - and I am SO thankful for our daily miracles!
    7. Get our food storage and 72 hour kids up to par.
    I am feeling really good about this right now! I got some clothes and other items together and now I feel like our 72 hour kids are good to go! We still need a wheat grinder, but we are really close!
    8. Appreciate my loved ones more.
    Not good. I feel like I'm losing my patience more instead of gaining more patience.
    9. On the computer no more than 1 hr a day (except newsletter/slideshow days)
    Again I wasn't good this week. I think I need to amend this to say: No more than 30 minutes of ME computer time a day - that means blogging, e-mails, facebook, etc. The other stuff: bill pay, newsletter stuff, etc should be counted separately, but I still need to strive to do this stuff while the kids are asleep or otherwise engaged (and I'm breaking that rule right now)
    10. Keep Word of Wisdom: Bed by 10:30pm, eat fruits and veggies and each meal and for snacks, exercise 4x a week.
    Bed: I changed it. yes I did. If I am in my bed by 10:30 that is really good enough. Getting to bed by 10 is like practically impossible for me. Eating: Better now that most of the junk is out of the house, but I still sneak too much junk from here & there. I need to eat more fruit to get the sugar I want. I have been drinking more water, though - and my bladder hasn't caught up yet. Exercise: 3x this week people - that's progress!

    "C" GOALS (work on these, but not at the expense of A or B)
    1. Stop being so sarcastic.
    I think I'm doing better, but I'm not sure. I've been praying, but I need to be more aware.
    2. Meal plan for each week.
    Again, I did really well this week and as a bonus, I kept our groceries under $100! I was proud of myself.
    3. Look for opportunities to share the gospel.
    Yes, mom, my blog does help to share the gospel, but I need to do better about reaching out.
    4. Bear my testimony 6 times.
    I bore my testimony at church this month
    5. Plant a garden.
    spring...
    6. Put up a picture of the temple, the prophet and Jesus in our rooms.
    ALMOST done! We did get pictures of Jesus, a temple and the first presidency in the girls rooms, but we need to put some up in our room.
    7. Keep up with the FLY lady - keep our home ready for visitors and keep the routine
    Pretty good. For the most part, I have kept up with things. I wouldn't say our house has been spotless, but most of the time I would say I would be happy to have someone stop by unexpectedly.
    8. Make Birthday Books for the girls
    I worked on this this week! I'm to November with choosing pictures to print & scrapbook. Next phase - finishing choosing and start scrapbooking.
    9. Transfer all camcorder tapes to DVD
    I burned all the DVDs with the camcorder tapes for 2008. It's been fun to see them! I just need to finish up all of 2008 (including slideshows, pictures, and newsletter back-ups), then I'll do the same for 2007.
    10. Date night w/ sweetie 3x a month
    We went to the temple this week. That's 3x this month! January checked off!

    FAMILY GOALS:
    1. FHE once a week
    We had FHE again this week. It was on obedience and I've really seen a difference in McKinley.
    2. Scriptures/conference/inspirational songs during breakfast
    We were about 6 for 7 this week! I feel really good about it and I know it makes a difference in our day.
    3. Stay out of debt
    Again, it won't be easy, but I know the Lord will bless us in this endeavor.
    4. Move to a small town
    We've been praying a lot and went to the temple with this in mind. I know the Lord is aware of our needs and has a plan for our family. I pray for patience to know what it is and accept whatever it is.
    5. Be on time to church every week.
    We were on time. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I like how you did highlights and lowlights!! Great job Heidi you're an inspiration!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Heidi! I also loved the quote!

    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete