Sunday, November 15, 2009

Almost 55 and going strong!!







Margaret Millon- A Speaking Partner

Nov. 15th 2009

Almost 55 and going strong!!


Yesterday I stopped to get a taco at Arctic Circle. There sat a sign about getting 15% when a person is 55+ years. “Yipee!” I thought “only a few more days to go and I get 15% off!!

It is easy to rejoice at my new life-mark when I am feeling healthy, wealthy and… well not always to wise but I try to be.

I am reflecting on where I’ve been and where I am headed and I feel so thankful. So many of my wishes have “come true.” I had hoped to be a wife, mother, writer, speaker and singer… and here I am with:


* Strength and mostly pain free
* We just paid off our 2nd mortgage (Glory hallelujah!!!!) One more to go…
* A wonderful, handsome, supportive, romantic husband (yes ladies, he can be romantic!),
* 6 (Josie included) loving children, 12 grandchildren and one on the way
* Two books written and a number of articles
* I am now part of 3 seperate teams of speakers. They all have amazing, supportive, inspirational, motivated members
* I now have 18 guitar students that I love and learn from each week and I am able to sing at various places (including my ward choir)…

In addition to all of this I have a testimony of my brother Jesus Christ. I have the wealthy and wisdom of friends and family. What more could I ask for?

55 years?? Bring it on!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry the top picture is blurry.

    The Snoopy cut says he is 55 years old. Peanuts and I are in good company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay mom! You make 55 look like the new 30! Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete