Monday, June 15, 2009

The Power to Change

I read this great article last week "The Power to Change" by James E. Faust. Here are some of my favorite quotes that I think directly relate to this blog and our desire to better ourselves:

"Each new day that dawns can be a new day for us to begin to change. We can change our environment. We can change our lives by substituting new habits for old. We can mold our character and future by purer thoughts and nobler actions. As someone once put it, 'The possibility of change is always there, with its hidden promise of peace, happiness, and a better way of life.'"

“My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them” (Ether 12:27). Let us remember that the power to change is very real, and it is a great spiritual gift from God. "

So, with the optimism that I can change, that even though I have fallen short of many of my goals, it's not too late! Here are my updates:

PROGRESS!
-Scrapbooking: I was able to finish Ireland's birthday book up to the end of May & send everything to be printed. Yay! Now I have to focus on McKinley's book.
-FlyLady Routines: I've been more consistent with my morning & before-bed routine & it's helped me to keep my house clean!
-Temple. Jason & I were able to go to the temple on Thursday. It was really wonderful!
-Seeing as Jesus sees: I have dedicated more quantity and quality time this week to scripture reading, prayer, and study. I have felt closer to my Savior & it's been easier to see myself & others as He sees.
-Service: The other bonus to feeling closer to my Savior is feeling more cheerful about serving. I was able to watch Robyn's kids for a few hours last week on her birthday & it felt so good to serve!
-Media: Again, I feel like I've tried to seek inspirational media -not just avoid the bad stuff. I re-created my inspirational playlist & I love listening to it & being inspired.
-wrote in my journal!
-Had a date night @ the temple w/ my sweetie this week.

WORK ON:
-Taking better care of this earthly temple. This week, I hope to not pop my zits, to focus on caring for my face & healing it.
-Love notes from God: I bought a special notebook just for this reason to do better, so here's to doing better!
-Exercising: for some reason, I haven't been able to get in more than twice a week! I'd like to do so much more this week. Like, EVERY DAY - at least a little bit. I'd like to do some yoga, too. My back has been hurting more.
-Need to do better with my meal planning this week. I did fix a really good chicken tortilla soup yesterday though!
-Taking even more time this week to get closer to my Lord, to be in the right spirit, to find joy in everything I do, to learn the lessons He would have me learn.
-Showing my loved ones how much I care for them.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Heidi.
    I do love notes in my planner and it is so helpful!!
    Sorry about the sore back...I remember...

    -You do show your loved ones how much you care in so many,many ways!!
    Love,
    mom/sis

    ReplyDelete