Sunday, February 1, 2009

Heidi's progress week #5

Hello everyone! (sorry this is a day late)
Can you believe we're in to February? Wow - the months fly by for me, but at least I felt like last month was more "effort-ful" to me because I've stayed more focused on my goals. I also KNOW I've had help. I fasted again yesterday because I truly know how much it helped me last month to sincerely fast and pray for help with my goals. So - to cut to the chase, I did OK last week. Maybe not fantastic, but good.

HIGHLIGHTS:
-Memory stuff - scrapbooked 3 pages for Ireland & transferred almost ALL camcorder tapes to DVD. It's been fun to see some videos we haven't seen for a couple years!
-Exercising - 4x - yeah!
-Media - Been listening to & reading inspirational things. It's been great.
-On time to Stake Conf
-FHE (we're 5 for 5 weeks now!)
-Fasted for (really close to) 24 hours yesterday
-Love notes from God - 100%!
-Wrote in my journal, which was nice
-Went on a date w/ my sweetie on Saturday - thanks mom!
-Especially on the weekdays, I felt really good about my clean house!

LOWLIGHTS:
-Seeing myself & others as Jesus sees us
-Serving others more often & more cheerfully (I was really self-centered & ornery this week)
-Eating healthy foods
-Appreciate my loved ones more (I think I did the opposite of that this week. I need to do so much better!)
-On the computer no more than 1 hr a day.

And, here's another great quote!:
Henry David Thoreau:
Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be.


TOP 5 GOALS FOR 2009:
1. To be able to see myself and others as Jesus sees us.
I think I slipped a bit last week and wasn't as sincere in my efforts. I'm going to pray harder this week and again try to focus on my (and others) eyes and heart.
2. To serve others more often and more cheerfully.
This one I really didn't feel good about. I've been so focused on memory stuff this week (which is a good endeavor), but then I have neglected other people and their needs (especially my kids) I'm going to do better this week!
3. STOP attacking my face, arms, and legs by popping zits.
I still haven't sat on the counter & popped my zits, but I did stand at the full-length mirror and popped more than I should have. I NEED to do better about taking care of my face, not just refraining.
4. Media: Avoid media with swearing, sex, or violence. Use my precious time to SEEK OUT wholesome music, inspirational books, TV, and movies.
I'm reading a book that so far is pretty inspirational. I'll let you know how it turns out.

"B" GOALS (important, but not top 5):
1. Prayerfully attend the temple no less than 10 times.
We went last month. Now, I need to get a hold of the Warrens & plan for February - especially since it's a short month and we're going to be gone for a few days.
2. Stay out of debt and Pay tithing and generous fast offering every month.
Jason did get a deal, which I am SO thankful for. We had stake conf, so we didn't pay tithing, but we need to do it this week!
3. Write in my journal once a week (doesn't include blogging)
Check!
4. 1 anniversary vacation, 3 family vacations (includes camping), 1 "lovers get-away", and 1 "girls only" getaway!
We're almost to Phoenix! I can almost taste it!
5.When fasting, start the night before (5pm Sat-5pm Sun)
Again, it wasn't a full 24 hours, but very close. I felt the spirit and again prayed for help with my goals.
6.Write at least one "love note" from God every night.
I think I was 100% on this one! And I am so blessed!
7. Get our food storage and 72 hour kids up to par.
I am feeling really good about this right now! I got some clothes and other items together and now I feel like our 72 hour kids are good to go! We still need a wheat grinder, but we are really close!
8. Appreciate my loved ones more.
I have been ornery and agitated this week with my loved ones. I don't know why. I could blame it on monthly issues, but what I really need to do is humble myself and have a change of heart.
9. On the computer no more than 1 hr a day (except newsletter/slideshow days)
I have plenty of memory stuff to do this week, but other than that, I will try and avoid the computer. On Sundays, Jason & I decided that we're not watching the TV or using the computer until after the girls go to bed.
10. Keep Word of Wisdom: Bed by 10:30pm, eat fruits and veggies and each meal and for snacks, exercise 4x a week.
Bed:I think I was 4 for 7. Not bad!
Eating: Not great. Probably not even good. I need to do better about eating fruits & veggies not just w/ meals but as snacks!
Exercise: 4x this week people - thanks for the inspiration Cindy!

"C" GOALS (work on these, but not at the expense of A or B)
1. Stop being so sarcastic.
I think I'm doing better, but I'm not sure. I've been praying, but I need to be more aware.
2. Meal plan for each week.
I did well this last week, but I didn't plan very good for this next week.
3. Look for opportunities to share the gospel.
Yes, mom, my blog does help to share the gospel, but I need to do better about reaching out.
4. Bear my testimony 6 times.
I bore my testimony at church this month
5. Plant a garden.
spring...
6. Put up a picture of the temple, the prophet and Jesus in our rooms.
ALMOST done! We did get pictures of Jesus, a temple and the first presidency in the girls rooms, but we need to put some up in our room.
7. Keep up with the FLY lady - keep our home ready for visitors and keep the routine
I worked SO HARD on Monday and got our home seriously clean, clean. I kept it really clean for about 3 days. The weekend wasn't so good, but I think for most of the week, I could be proud if someone just dropped by unexpectedly
8. Make Birthday Books for the girls
I scrapbooked 3 pages for Ireland! Hooray!
9. Transfer all camcorder tapes to DVD
Whew! This is the one I probably focused on most this month. I got EVERYthing backed up for 2008, and 2007, and I'm working on 2006 and beyond. I have got all those years captured & need just one more DVD burned for 2006 vids.
10. Date night w/ sweetie 3x a month
We did some shopping & out to dinner. Thanks mom & dad!

FAMILY GOALS:
1. FHE once a week
We did have FHE this week - on tithing - and ate rice crispies for the treat.
2. Scriptures/conference/inspirational songs during breakfast
Yeah - I think we were probably 6 for 7 again this week. It's been great!
3. Stay out of debt
Again, it won't be easy, but I know the Lord will bless us in this endeavor.
4. Move to a small town
Our fasting efforts focused on this a lot and we'll continue to pray and ask to be guided to where we need to be.
5. Be on time to church every week.
Stake Conf - we were on time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Heidi!
    FHE goals fantastic! What a legacy you are giving "our girls""!
    I'm sure Father is loving the love notes!
    Tues housework huh? You must be fast. It takes me 2 days (Mon, Thurs.) but I also do my finances then too.

    Keep up the great work Heidi. I hope you are feeling better today.
    Love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete