Sunday, February 1, 2009

The good, the bad and the ugly...

The good...

Kids to bed before 9:30--The kids were in bed more or less before 9:30 except on Friday when we were at a friend's house and didn't get home in time for the 9:30 deadline, it was 10:00 that night, but I still think I did very well with this.

Read scriptures for at least 15 min a day--I read every day, sometimes not quite for 15 minutes. But most of the time it was 15 minutes, so I'm counting it as a good thing.

Drinking 7 glasses of water a day--I did great on this toward the last of the week...and my bladder can attest to this as several times I felt like doing the potty dance in the car because I needed to go so bad. On Monday and Tuesday I drank 5 cups, but on Wednesday through Saturday I drank at least 7 glasses, hoorah! I am grateful to myself and to my God that I was able to do this.

Exercise four times a week, 30 minutes a time--I did it!! I exercised on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

The bad...

Getting up between 6:30 and 7:00 every day-- I did this three times this week, but it was only because Joshua insisted on getting up. The other four times, I got up around 7:30. Soooo, I'm back to the Joshua at night thing. This week I want to report his sleeping habits at night and naps during the day so I can hold myself accountable for trying to get him to sleep through the night.

Me to bed by 11:00--Most of the time I got to bed by 11:30 which isn't too bad, but it's not by 11:00 either.

Ponder a scripture a day--Three out of seven times this week.

Eat one salad a day--Four out of seven times this week.

Keep the laundry up for 15 minutes a day--I did this two times this week, but I did laundry for about five minutes four times this week, so not good but not terrible either.

Show love to my kids with a ten second hug--I gave about 18 hugs this week, should have been
28, so I'm ten hugs short.

The ugly...

Eat six fruit and vegatable servings a day--I ate only about 19 this week, should have been 42, pathetic.

Do something silly every day--Only two times this week, tickling doesn't count because I do this all the time, only going out of my comfort zone and doing something crazy like playing on a playground with the kids counts.

Write in my journal every other day--Not once, no progress.

Attend a Heart to Heart meeting at least once a week--Notta

Focus next week...I want to keep up the good work on getting the kids to bed by 9:30, reading the scriptures every day, drinking my water and exercising. I want to focus more on Joshua's naps and sleeping by charting it, writing in my journal and pondering on a scripture a day. Of course I would like to make progress on everything, but these are my focuses for this week.

2 comments:

  1. Cindy - I LOVE it! This makes it easy to read. And I think you should put 2 or 3 under the "bad" category under "good" - it's progress! You're really doing great and are a great example. I really did NOT want to exercise on Saturday this week, but I did anyway, JUST BECAUSE I knew I would feel bad if you did & I didn't. So - THANKS for being my example and inspiration!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say I love the title and the layout too! You are so clever Cindy. Love you and I can't wait to see you!

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete